- Montreal, Canada Area
- Education Management
Jennifer Marcus's Overview
- Technology Educator at Self-employed
- Private Tutor at Self-employed private tutor
- Technology Coordinator. Computer Science and Integrated Technology Teacher. at Herzliah High School
- Computer Teacher at Futurekids Computer School
- Library Technician at McGill University
- Concordia University
- Concordia University
Jennifer Marcus' Summary
Objective: To share the love of, and expertise with, technology I have gained over 20 years teaching children and adults, and providing workshops and seminars in the field. By designing curricula and workshops reflecting students’ interests, I have the pleasure of seeing users become proficient and creative with their own technology.
Jennifer Marcus' Experience
January 2012 – Present (1 year 6 months) Montreal (West Island)
Provide individual instruction in the use of computers, tablets, ereaders, software and apps. Provide technology presentations to libraries and their patrons on topics including: Ebooks and Ereading, Social Media, Mobile Photography and Tablet Computing.
Education Management industry
January 1980 – Present (33 years 6 months)
Tutor elementary/secondary school students in subject areas including English, math, and computer skills. Tutor adults in computer use and software skills.
Technology Coordinator. Computer Science and Integrated Technology Teacher.
Educational Institution; 51-200 employees; Education Management industry
January 1998 – June 2011 (13 years 6 months) Montreal, Canada Area
Designed curricula and instructed students (grades 7-11) and staff in hardware and software use including:
- Internet use and research skills
- Use of online periodical indexes and databases
- Accessing and using BANQ resources
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Desktop Publishing (primarily Microsoft Publisher)
- Web site construction (basic HTML and FrontPage)
- Graphic Design (Adobe Photoshop)
- Digital photography basics
- Video production and editing (primarily Windows Movie Maker)
- SmartBoard and Smart Notebook software
- iPad basics
Also periodically gave technology workshops and seminars to teachers in-house and at FTJS, BJEC and QPAT conventions.
Educational Institution; 10,001+ employees; Higher Education industry
May 1988 – June 1989 (1 year 2 months) Montreal, Canada Area
- Library technician in McLennan Library circulation department
- Library technician working on RECON project
Jennifer Marcus' Languages
French(Full professional proficiency)
English(Native or bilingual proficiency)
Jennifer Marcus' Skills & Expertise
Jennifer Marcus' Education
MBA, Training and Development
1989 – 1991
- Emphasis on Training and Development.
- Thesis topic: “Creativity Training”
- Winner Pauline Vanier Fellowship
BA, Education (Child Studies) and English
1984 – 1988
Grade: With Great Distinction
- Winner Concordia Entrance Scholarships.
- Library Science Electives.