Inventor, Entrepreneur, Business Leader
- Toronto, Canada Area
- Computer Software
Tom Schopf's Overview
- CEO & President at Schopf Innovations Inc.
14 people have recommended Tom
Tom Schopf's Summary
The combination of sales, consulting, strong technical background and solid business/staff management, form the foundation of this powerful business leader. Strategic thinking, excellent communication and team building skills bring results to business restructuring, changes and growth.
- P&L Responsibility and Management
- New Systems and Protocols
- Revenue and Profit Growth
- Project Management
- Business Development & Negotiations
- Business Process Re-engineering
- Strategic Planning and Execution
- Change Management
- Matrix Organization Management
- Team Building & Leadership
Tom Schopf's Experience
CEO & President
Schopf Innovations Inc.
April 2007 – Present (6 years 3 months)
Schopf Innovations Inc. provides products and services utilizing composite materials focused primarily on Carbon Fibre and offers two lines of business:
- Aerodynamic triathlon bicycle components and integrated systems
- Contract prototyping, fabrication and manufacturing
– Management consultant advising corporations in profit generation, start-up, turn around, change management and business re-engineering
Director, Integration & Professional Services
Privately Held; 5001-10,000 employees; Human Resources industry
April 2006 – April 2007 (1 year 1 month)
Manage Integration, Professional Services, Training and Custom Development for Ceridian Canada.
Ceridian is a trusted partner to over 40,000 Canadian customers and an expert in providing HR solutions that maximize the value of people. Solutions include:
- HR Information Systems
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programs) and Benefits
- Learning and Development
- Employee Effectiveness
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Post-Employment Services
Interim COO, Director of Prof. Services & BPR
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
July 2003 – April 2006 (2 years 10 months)
Recruited by the Investors and CEO to restructure operations and establish procedures for: Product Management, R&D, Call Center, Customer Management, IT, build Professional Services and Service Desk departments.
Accomplishments (partial list):
- Assisted CEO in preparing company for second round of financing
- Moved Production applications to Q9 networks
- Product launch of Sales CRM application
- Installation of 2 Indigo 3050 Digital Press and built production facilities
- Negotiated contracts with data provides and business partners
- Implemented international automotive and motorcycle dealership web sites
Managing Director GES, Canada
Privately Held; 10,001+ employees; Computer Software industry
2000 – 2002 (2 years)
- Develop and manage $27.5 million budget: P&L, forecasts, and profitability of Cdn. ERP operations
- Managed a staff of 32 employees based from offices in Toronto, Calgary and Montreal
- Develop, execute and communicate business plan to staff and Sr. management
- Identify and capture market share with Cdn. strategic vertical market
- Find and develop strategic business partnerships and/or complimentary businesses for acquisition
- Develop relationships with strategic accounts
- Restored divisions profitability, maintaining no less than 24% margins
- Rebuild Sales team and created new compensation plans:
- Responsible for the Canadian business of Geacs newly acquired System 21
- Launched an (re-packed) ERP system with Active Access (web connection) and optional ASP hosting.
- Developed strategic partnerships with Pyramaz, Applix, FRx, and Cognos.
Director, Professional Services
1996 – 2000 (4 years)
- Built and directed a team of consultants specializing in BPR and implementation of T&E Accounting system
- Project Manager for AT&T Asia Pacific, AEP, EMC2, McGill University, Mitsui & Co. (U.S.A.), Morrison-Knudsen, Unisys and VISA International - to name a few
- Developed strategic partnerships with Unisys and Oracle Corporation.
- Trained Unisys Corporations sales team to sell Unitrex (Nechos software re-labeled for Unisys).
- Advised on the development of Nechos channel partnership program.
- Managed North America's first fully integrated e-commerce T&E system.
- Managed Necho's first multi-national Automated Expense Processing system.
- Sold and managed North America's first Level III Procurement Card Reconciliation system.
Regional Manager, Canada
Public Company; 501-1000 employees; Computer Software industry
1994 – 1995 (1 year)
- Exceeded very aggressive regional sales quota by 38%.
- Tripled qualified VARs, Integrators and Training Centres to provide pre-/post sales support.
- Sold Delrina's largest "Fax Broadcast Service" agreement to a leading stock exchange firm with a volume of 4,000 faxes per day.
Electrician / Electrical Technologist
Public Company; 5001-10,000 employees; Mining & Metals industry
1977 – 1992 (15 years)
Computer Systems Specialist - Special Projects and Engineering 1988 - 1992
Electrician / Electrical Technologist Manufacturing and Finished Metals 1977 - 1988
Tom Schopf's Skills & Expertise
Tom Schopf's Additional Information
Contact Tom for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Tom Schopf’s full profile to...
- See who you and Tom Schopf know in common
- Get introduced to Tom Schopf
- Contact Tom Schopf directly