Dev Basu: Toronto SEO Expert
Toronto SEO & Founder at Powered by Search, a Profit Hot 50 & Branham 300 ranked SEO & Inbound Marketing Agency.
- Toronto, Canada Area
Dev Basu: Toronto SEO Expert's Overview
- University of Toronto at Scarborough
17 people have recommended Dev Basu:
Dev Basu: Toronto SEO Expert's Summary
I've been involved in Search Engine Optimization and internet marketing since 2007. Over the years I've worked with Fortune 500 and 1000 brands ranging from Microsoft, RE/MAX, FedEx, Toyota, Nissan, Whirlpool, Public Storage, Sheridan College, HMV, MTV, Delta Hotels, and The Discovery Channel, as well as many small and medium businesses.
As CEO of Powered by Search, I work on our strategic vision, business growth and expansion, and growing our partner and client relations. My key to success has always been thinking big, working with the right people, and always delivering on the promises I make.
As a key evangelist for our brand and for SEO and Local Search, Powered by Search's work has been published in the Globe & Mail, Financial Post, ITBusiness, and industry publications including Search Engine Journal, Search Engine Land, Web Marketing Today, WebProNews, SmallBusinessNews, Media Post, and various other sources. We're also active speakers at conferences such as Search Engine Strategies and Search Marketing Expo.
Powered by Search is also 1 of 33 worldwide agencies and consultants to have participated for the 2nd consecutive Local Search Ranking Factors study, which is the definitive resource in the growing area of Local Search Optimization. We're also proud to be amongst 1 of only 2 agencies to have had more than 1 company employee involved in this critical study.
If you're looking to grow your business via internet marketing, share ideas about web promotion, or wanting to establish a strategic alliance or partnership, I look forward to connecting with you.
* Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
* Social Media Marketing (SMM)
* Social Media Optimization (SMO)
* Website Analytics and Tracking ( Google Analytics, HitWise, ClickTracks, Omniture, Webmetrix, and ComScore)
* Usability Testing
* Competitive Market Research and Analysis
* Viral Marketing through Video and Social Networks
* Online Reputation Management
* Customer/Partner Relationship Management
* Small Business Marketing
* Strategic Project Planning
* Marketing & Communications
Dev Basu: Toronto SEO Expert's Experience
Professor, School of Marketing
Educational Institution; 1001-5000 employees; Higher Education industry
September 2013 – Present (4 months) Markham, Ontario
I'm teaching the Search Engine Strategies (SMD103) at Seneca College this fall. Students can expect to learn Search Engine Marketing (SEM), including Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Pay-Per-Click (PPC) as part of an integrated marketing communications strategy. This subject will look at the purpose of a search engine, how SEO can help organizations improve search engine rankings, PPC tools and techniques.
President & CEO
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
2009 – Present (4 years) Toronto, Canada Area
Powered by Search is Canada's digital marketing agency of choice, with proven ability to qualify, capture, and convert the highest-value online traffic into new sales for your business. We blend our organic search, paid search, local search, and conversion rate optimization expertise for clients with closed-loop analytics that aligns marketing activities with sales growth.
Powered by Search has grown to service over 100+ clients in 9 countries and 3 continents, and has been named one of Canada's fastest growing companies by PROFIT Magazine. Our agency is accredited as a Google AdWords Certified Partner, Better Business Bureau member, and Google Engage for Agencies member. We have been featured in the Globe & Mail, Financial Post, Toronto Star and CTV. Our client list includes FedEx USA, RE/MAX, Whirlpool, Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts, Toyota, Public Storage, Primus, and other brands of all sizes.
As CEO, I manage our business development strategy, strategic partnerships, and act as a lead consultant for our client base ranging from the Fortune 500 to small and medium businesses. I also speak at conferences and industry trade shows, and educate students on the topic of internet marketing at Canadian colleges and universities.
Director, Online Marketing (SEO, SEM, Social Media)
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
May 2008 – October 2009 (1 year 6 months)
My overall responsibility was to lead up, manage and grow the online marketing arm of Canada's leading interactive and print Yellow Pages agency, Publipage. Our clients ranged from Fortune 500 accounts and national enterprises, to local SMB's and SME's.
Broadly, I was responsible for:
* Brand Development & Outreach
* Department Management (P&L)
* Business Development
* Client Relations
* Technical SEO Strategy
* Hiring and Personnel Management
* 3rd Party Vendor and Partner Management
* Short Term and Long Term Growth Strategies
Search Marketing Strategist (SEO, SMM, SEM)
Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Financial Services industry
2008 – 2008 (less than a year)
At OANDA, I managed all inclusive search marketing strategies, across 5 main web properties, and multiple sub-sites. Responsibilities include:
* Planning, executing, and measuring all search marketing tactics
* Providing SEO, SMM, Usability training to key stakeholders.
* Liasing with key stakeholders to enhance traditional marketing by using online marketing as a medium.
* Web Analytics and Reporting
* Gain competitive intelligence to leverage SEO benefits.
* Creating link building best practices and strategies.
OANDA uses innovative computer and financial technology to provide Internet-based forex trading and currency information services to everyone, from individuals to large corporations, from portfolio managers to financial institutions.
Recently, OANDA has been voted #10 among the Silicon Alley Insider's Top 25 Most Valuable Digital Startups in the world.
Principal Search Marketing Consultant
Dev Basu Search Marketing
May 2006 – May 2008 (2 years 1 month)
Dev Basu Search Marketing offers Online Marketing solutions to SMB's and Local Businesses in Canada, USA and the UK. We specialize in customized Search Marketing solutions including
*Search Engine Optimization
*Social Media Marketing
*Business Blog Setup and Marketing
*Local Search Engine Optimization
Specialized services include:
*Business Social Media
*Online Reputation Management
*Web Analytics Tracking and Reporting
SEO & Social Media Marketing Strategist
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
September 2007 – March 2008 (7 months)
At Search Engine People, I worked with Fortune 1000 Clients to identify, plan, strategize, and execute on their Search Marketing objectives. In total, I managed the SEO and Social Media responsibilities for 18 brands including the Discovery Channel, MTV Canada, Canadian Management Centre, and belairdirect Insurance.
* Search Engine Optimization
* Social Media Marketing
* Viral & Guerrilla Marketing
* Website & SEO Consultancy
* Link Building Strategies
* On-page and Off-Page Optimization
* SEO Site Audit and Analysis
* Web Analytics Tracking and Trending
OEM Channel Marketer
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; MSFT; Computer Software industry
August 2006 – May 2007 (10 months)
* Marketing planning and execution for accounts such as Dell, HP, MDG and 4000 System Builder breadth accounts (MS Teaming Excellence Award)
* Assisted in managing and forecasting 7 figure marketing budget for fiscal year
* Assisted in Business strategy development with respect to market segmentation and year-over-year growth with OEM Business Development Manager
* Web marketing strategy deployment and management for over 10,000 unique visitors across Canada (MS Worldwide Outstanding Contributor Award 2007)
* Managed a Web Vendor team comprising a programmer and site manager
* Customer and Partner Experience nSAT (satisfaction) management.
(Received Microsoft Customer Partner Experience Excellence Award)
* Product execution support for Windows Vista, 2007 Office, and ST (Server Tools) including Microsoft Exchange 2007.
* License Compliance support and perception
Dev Basu: Toronto SEO Expert's Honors and Awards
2013 Search Engine Ranking Factors ContributorMoz
- July 2013
Powered by Search was selected among a global panel of 120 SEO experts to contribute to the industry's leading study on organic search engine ranking factors.
2008-2013 Local Search Ranking Factors ContributorDavid Mihm Inc.
- April 2012
Powered by Search was selected among a global panel of 33 Local SEO experts to participate in the industry's most authoritative study on local search ranking factors.
2011 Search Engine Ranking Factors ContributorSEOmoz
- May 2011
Powered by Search was selected among a global panel of 132 SEO experts to contribute to the industry's leading study on organic search engine ranking factors.
Dev Basu: Toronto SEO Expert's Publications
- November 1, 2012
Dev Basu, 24, the president of Powered by Search, is photographed in his Toronto office on October 23, 2012. He started his own company three years ago and now has a staff of ten.
- The Globe and Mail
- June 29, 2011
Looking for ways to get started on your path to success with this technique? Here are three best practices to employ.
- The Globe & Mail
- December 6, 2011
On Oct. 20, 2011, the team from Report on Small Business invited dozens of enterprising owners to attend a networking event. We took photos and videos as a way to introduce our audience to these up-and-comers, all of whom have big ideas and grand ambitions.
- The Financial Post
- November 25, 2011
Sprouter Expert, Dev Basu, answers questions about Internet Marketing and Search Engine Optimization.
Dev Basu: Toronto SEO Expert's Languages
English(Native or bilingual proficiency)
French(Limited working proficiency)
Dev Basu: Toronto SEO Expert's Skills & Expertise
- Social Media Marketing
- Local Marketing
- Local Search
- Web Analytics
- Landing Page Optimization
- Google Adwords
- Google Analytics
- Google Webmaster Tools
- Google Maps
- Client Acquisition
- Inside Sales
- Enterprise Search
- Website Promotion
- UI testing
- Usability Design
- SEO copywriting
- Conversion Optimization
- Online Reputation Management
- Online Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Social Media
- Link Building
- Organic Search
- Keyword Analysis
- Online Advertising
- SEO Toronto
- Web Marketing
- Content Strategy
- Search Analysis
- Usability Testing
- Digital Strategy
- Usability Engineering
- Marketing Strategy
- Customer Acquisition
- Email Marketing
- Strategic Partnerships
- Viral Marketing
- Web 2.0
Dev Basu: Toronto SEO Expert's Certifications
Google Adword Certified Partner
- Google Inc.
- License 09205320623177344235
BBB Accredited Business
- Better Business Bureau
Dev Basu: Toronto SEO Expert's Education
University of Toronto at Scarborough
BBA, Marketing & Strategic Management Specialist, Economics Minor
* Business Development Manager (MESA) - Corporate Partner Relations, Philanthropic Governance, Sponsorship Acquisition
* Updated course curriculum regarding SEO for a 4th year 'Marketing in the Information Age' course.
Activities and Societies: Business Development Manager - Management & Economics Students' Association (MESA) ,
Dev Basu: Toronto SEO Expert's Additional Information
Marketing, Strategic Planning, Sales Management, Business Intelligence Applications, Consultancy, IT Development, Web 2.0 Content Creation, Copywriting, Audiophile, Amateur Guitarist, Victorian Architecture, European History
- Groups and Associations:
Google Engage, SEMPO, GetListed,
- Honors and Awards:
* Deloitte Impact Infused Award
* 2009-2012 Local Search Ranking Factors Contributor
* Microsoft WorldWide System Builder Marketing Web Strategy Award
* Outstanding Contributor and OEM Rockstar - 2006-2007
* Microsoft Canada Company Teaming Excellence Award 2007
* Microsoft Canada Customer Partner Experience (CPE) Excellence Award 2006
Contact Dev Basu: for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Dev Basu: Toronto SEO Expert’s full profile to...
- See who you and Dev Basu: Toronto SEO Expert know in common
- Get introduced to Dev Basu: Toronto SEO Expert
- Contact Dev Basu: Toronto SEO Expert directly