The Johns Hopkins University
Manager, Market Intelligence at LoyaltyOne
|Recommendations||10 people have recommended Sean|
Join LinkedIn & access Sean’s full profile
• Over six years of experience with research design, selling, implementation, and management across hundreds of business-to-business, shopper and consumer research projects using a mix of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
• Certified Marketing Research Professional (CMRP) of the Marketing Research and Intelligence Association (MRIA) and alumnus of the Georgian College Research Analyst Post-graduate Program (RAPP).
• Extensive experience with the research workflow including initial client meetings to understand research needs, setting research objectives, proposal writing and costing, research methodology and sample design, questionnaire design and discussion guide design, tabulation and analysis planning, data collection and verification, data analysis and report writing, and presenting final research insights and actionable recommendations to senior management.
• Advanced technical skills using popular research industry software including IBM SPSS, Microsoft Office suite, and many of the leading online survey and focus group tools.
• Continuously drive innovation and engagement in the market research industry as President, Toronto Chapter of the Marketing Research and Intelligence Association (MRIA)
• Collect and synthesize information on the retail industry, specifically drug, mass and grocery as a subject-matter expert on retail merchandising, retail marketing and retail analytics.
• Communicate sound insights up, down, and across LoyaltyOne's primary lines of business (Precima, BrandLoyalty and the AIR MILES Rewards Program).
• Demonstrate LoyaltyOne's thought leadership, capabilities and benefits through traditional and digital marketing channels by creating blogs and articles, research whitepapers, case studies, podium speeches and PowerPoint decks, videos and infographics.
• Collaborate with business leads, writers, designers and marketing managers to create marketing plans and publications resulting from research.
• Build and manage relationships with business development and client services leads across LoyaltyOne's primary lines of business to assess the needs of those teams, propose solutions and create connections.
• Build, manage and lead a strong, high performance team by providing direction, coaching and career development opportunities.
• Drove the overall positioning, product development, marketing and sales across Canada for the new Consumer Research practice, while collaborating in strategic planning for overall company success.
• Spoke regularly at conferences, schools and private meetings about new market research technologies and the Millennial generation.
• Managed research clients and projects from various industries; including retail, consumer packaged goods, quick service restaurants, student services, public relations and marketing, among others.
• Developed proprietary shopper research tools using new technologies to collect real-time analytics for promotional display effectiveness, in-store shopper tracking, in-shelf retail behaviours, and online campaign conversion tracking.
• Managed the successful re-branding and marketing of Abacus Data’s online assets including AbacusData.ca, CanadianMillennials.ca, AbacusInsider.com as well as all social media accounts.
• Directed projects for clients in consumer goods, public relations and corporate communications, media and content delivery, travel and tourism, financial services, among others.
• Effectively managed a book of industry-diverse market research clients with healthy repeat sales, exceeding a sales target of over one-million dollars in annual revenue.
• Prepared costs and proposals, delivered research design and methodological advice, designed questionnaires and discussion guides, coordinated and monitored sample, created analysis plans and interpreted results, prepared reports and delivered presentations to senior management teams.
• Managed between five and 10 research projects at any one-time while adhering to industry best practices, maintaining client relationships and exceeding client expectations.
• Designed, sold, executed and managed research projects for customer satisfaction and loyalty tracking, client acquisition and retention, segmentation and market sizing, product pricing, marketing and advertising effectiveness, brand equity and positioning, concept and image testing, and polling for public relations.
• Provided on-the-job training to junior staff while effectively managing their time across projects.
• Executed and monitored custom online and telephone market research studies from proposal to final presentation for multiple clients while maintaining a strong client service orientation.
• Contributed to client meetings and communications in person, online, by email and phone.
• Lead kick-off calls with project managers located worldwide to ensure study specifications such as quotas, survey logic, and key dates were clear.
• Communicated with the operations team to ensure any graphics, charts and tables, and report templates exceeded client expectations.
• Provided strategic insight through program evaluation and performance measurement to support federal and provincial government policy development and marketing campaigns.
• Coordinated and executed multiple research projects using diverse methodologies while staying within set budgets and tight timelines.
• Worked with peers on proposals, research design, data collection tools, staff training guides, analysis plans and report writing.
Owned and operated a small business that involved creating and marketing digital content in a variety of industries.
Managed and documented inventory adjustments and errors, processed vendor returns, and completed cycle counts. Provided management assistance to on duty managers by acting as a key holder and counting daily deposit and safe. Assigned associates tasks to ensure customer satisfaction and that all sales and other store goals were met.
Planned video productions, organized and directed video crews, operated video equipment, and edited video footage for large events, corporate training videos, and commercials.
Provided support to the professors in the film department by preparing lessons, aiding in the delivery of lessons to students, student tutoring and testing, maintaining film equipment, and promoting a safe hands-on learning environment.
Provided excellent customer service, met sales goals, cleaned work area, stocked product, cashed out customers, and processed customer complaints and returns.
Managed rental property, collected rent payments, payed bills, maintained financial records and mediated tenant disputes.
Created online eBay sales pages, ordered computer parts and software, built customized computers, processed payments from online sales, processed shipments, and managed clients and accounts.
Created and faced product displays, assisted customers with product inquiries, maintained a clean workplace, trimmed vegetables, and oversaw the produce section when full-time employees were unavailable.
Hired staff, managed bills and payroll, collected payments, ensured customer satisfaction and the smooth operation of the boat rental business.
A discussion of the development and consistency of an innovative online research methodology, accommodating the need for timely and cost-effective research, and the ability to show and assess images both quantitatively and qualitatively across key travel & entertainment markets.
"Generate and Nurture Customers with Social Media Marketing" panel discussion at InboundCon, Canada's first inbound marketing conference (http://www.inboundcon.com). Introduction by Sean Copeland, Director of Consumer Research at Abacus Data, followed by panel discussion with Hamza Khan, Founder of Splash Effect and Digital Community Facilitator at Ryerson University, Paul Crowe, Partner & Strategy Lead at BNOTIONS, Yousuf Afridi, Account Manager at TAXI 2, and Alyssa Richard, Founder of RateHu
Allstate Canada commissioned Abacus Data (abacusdata.ca) to conduct an online survey of 2465 Canadian adults, including 2175 who have their drivers licenses. The total sample was weighted by age, gender and region to be proportionately representative of the Canadian population aged 18 and older. Responses were collected between May 21 - 25, 2013.
Playtex® commissioned Environics Research Group to conduct an online custom survey of 1,003 sexually active Canadian adults aged 18 to 49 years old. Responses were collected from December 19 to 30, 2012. Fresh + Sexy™ wipes by Playtex® are the first intimate wipes specifically designed and formulated for men and women to use before and after sexual activity.
This is the ﬁrst-ever 2012 International TD Women Investor Poll, for which TD Waterhouse (Canada), and TD Ameritrade (U.S.) and TD Direct Investing (U.K.) teamed up to survey women investors in Canada, the U.S., and U.K., to reveal their thoughts and attitudes about investment topics. TD Bank Group commissioned Environics Research Group to conduct an online custom survey of 2,014 men and women in Canada, 1,003 in the U.S. and 1,006 in the United Kingdom.
This survey was designed to provide Canadian CFA Members with compensation information to help with career assessment and planning. A total of 11,673 CFA members were invited to participate. A total final sample of n = 2,135 was collected, yielding a response rate of 18.3 percent. The self-reported data included in this report covers broadly defined positions and, as such, provide members with useful directional frames of reference about pay levels. While salary is a key component of the study, we also examined other factors such as prior positions held, deferred compensation, corporate and self-managed AUM, and trends in pay, including base pay, bonuses, stock options, benefits, pensions, and geographic impact.
Formulate context-relevant questions and hypotheses to drive data scientific research. Identify, obtain, and transform a data set to make it suitable for the production of statistical evidence communicated in written form. Build models based on new data types, experimental design, and statistical inference
This program equips students with the knowledge, skills, and professionalism necessary
to do applied marketing and social research in a variety of business and government
settings, such as marketing, tourism, media, education, health, legal and the
community. The program focuses on the entire research process, from inception and
formulation of the research questions, through research design, information retrieval,
data analysis, and interpretation to the preparation and presentation of the finished
report. Special features of the program include an emphasis on ethical and legal
concerns, communication processes, qualitative and quantitative methodology, and the
use of computer technology.
Activities and Societies: Intramural Volleyball
The Broadcasting program at Niagara College is the only program in Ontario to offer all three majors: Radio, Television, and Film. Located at the Welland Campus is Welland, Ontario, the broadcasting program provides students with a great opportunity to gain the skills needed to start a career in the broadcasting industry. First year students experience all areas of broadcasting. They take courses in radio, television, and film , broadcast journalism, non-linear editing and graphics design. They experience the realities of production and go "live-to-air" on the college radio station. In second year students begin their specialization in either Radio and Television Presentation (on air/camera talent) or Film and Television Production. Third year students spend their entire year in their chosen area of specialization. They produce projects for clients and have opportunities for field placement and on-set experience.
Activities and Societies: NivenFest
Work with the Toronto chapter board of directors to plan thought leadership, recruitment activities and networking opportunities.
Solution Manager, Desktop Virtualization Solutions
Austin, Texas Area
Austin, Texas Area
Senior Historian at Blizzard Entertainment
Orange County, California Area
Area Vice President at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co
Greater Los Angeles Area
Monroe, Louisiana Area
Pollster || CEO at Abacus Data
Member Development Officer at MRIA
Analyst, Market Intelligence at LoyaltyOne
Sr. Assistant Brand Manager at Procter & Gamble
Associate Director, Intellectual Property & Product Development at LoyaltyOne
Analyst, Corporate Intelligence at LoyaltyOne
President, LoyaltyOne at Alliance Data
associate brand manager, Branded Solutions at Starbucks
Manager, Consumer Insights at Maple Leaf Foods Inc
Digital, Social Media, User Path Strategist | Team Builder & Leader