Manager, Market Intelligence at LoyaltyOne
|Recommendations||10 people have recommended Sean|
Join LinkedIn & access Sean's full profile
• Over four years of experience developing, selling, executing, and managing more than 100 consumer research studies using a mix of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
• Multidisciplinary project manager effectively managed a book of industry-diverse market research clients with healthy repeat sales totaling more than one-million dollars in annual revenue.
• Knowledge of the latest shopper research methodologies for informing store design and layout, category definition, shelf layout, product packaging, POP signage and shopper experience.
• Past research projects include customer satisfaction and loyalty tracking, client acquisition and retention, segmentation and market sizing, product pricing, marketing and advertising effectiveness, brand equity and positioning, concept and image testing, and polling for public relations.
• Extensive experience with the research workflow from initial client meetings, proposal writing and costing, methodology and sample design, questionnaire and discussion guide design, tabulation and analysis planning, data collection and verification, data analysis and report writing, to presenting final research insights and recommendations to senior management.
• Sophisticated understanding of and the ability to carry out advanced statistical data analysis such as factor analysis, cluster analysis, multiple regression analysis, conjoint analysis, and ROI conversion formulas to provide valuable insights to clients.
• Advanced technical skills using popular research industry software including IBM SPSS, Microsoft Office suite, and many of the leading online survey and focus group tools.
• Continuously drive innovation and engagement in the market research industry through presentations at conferences and schools, frequent blogging and social media conversations, and becoming the new President-Elect of the Toronto Chapter of the MRIA.
Responsible for the delivery of sound insights in the areas of high target industry verticals, customer management programs and strategies.
• Drove the overall positioning, product development, marketing and sales across Canada for the new Consumer Research practice, while collaborating in strategic planning for overall company success.
• Spoke regularly at conferences, schools and private meetings about new market research technologies and the Millennial generation.
• Managed research clients and projects from various industries; including retail, consumer packaged goods, quick service restaurants, student services, public relations and marketing, among others.
• Developed proprietary shopper research tools using new technologies to collect real-time analytics for promotional display effectiveness, in-store shopper tracking, in-shelf retail behaviours, and online campaign conversion tracking.
• Managed the successful re-branding and marketing of Abacus Data’s online assets including AbacusData.ca, CanadianMillennials.ca, AbacusInsider.com as well as all social media accounts.
• Worked primarily in the Custom Research division to lead in the development, sales, execution and management of custom market research studies for a range of B2C and B2B clients with a focus on providing them with actionable research insights.
• Directed projects for clients in consumer goods, public relations and corporate communications, media and content delivery, travel and tourism, financial services, among others.
• Effectively managed a book of industry-diverse market research clients with healthy repeat sales successfully exceeded a sales target of over one-million dollars in annual revenue.
• Prepared costs and proposals, deliver research design and methodological advice, design questionnaires and discussion guides, coordinate and monitor sample, create analysis plans and interpret results, prepare reports and deliver presentations to senior management teams.
• Managed between five and 10 research projects at any one-time while adhering to industry best practices, maintaining client relationships and exceeding client expectations.
• Provided on-the-job training to junior staff while effectively managing their time across projects.
• Executed and monitored custom online and telephone market research studies from proposal to final presentation for multiple clients while maintaining a strong client service orientation.
• Contributed to client meetings and communications in person, online, by email and phone.
• Lead kick-off calls with project managers located worldwide to ensure study specifications such as quotas, survey logic, and key dates were clear.
• Communicated with the operations team to ensure any graphics, charts and tables, and report templates exceeded client expectations.
• Provided strategic insight through program evaluation and performance measurement to support federal and provincial government policy development and marketing campaigns.
• Coordinated and executed multiple research projects using diverse methodologies while staying within set budgets and tight timelines.
• Worked with peers on proposals, research design, data collection tools, staff training guides, analysis plans and report writing.
Owned and operated a small business that involved creating and marketing multimedia web content in a variety of markets.
Managed and documented inventory adjustments and errors, processed vendor returns, and completed cycle counts. Provided management assistance to on duty managers by acting as a key holder and counting daily deposit and safe. Assigned associates tasks to ensure customer satisfaction and that all sales and other store goals were met.
Planned video productions, organized and directed video crews, operated video equipment, and edited video footage for large events, corporate training videos, and commercials.
Provided support to the professors in the film department by preparing lessons, aiding in the delivery of lessons to students, student tutoring and testing, maintaining film equipment, and promoting a safe hands-on learning environment.
Provided excellent customer service, met sales goals, cleaned work area, stocked product, cashed out customers, and processed customer complaints and returns.
Maintained property, collected rent payments, payed bills, maintained financial records and mediated tenant disputes.
Created online eBay sales pages, ordered computer parts and software, built customized computers, processed payments from online sales, processed shipments, and managed clients and accounts (http://myworld.ebay.ca/great_canadian_seller/).
Maintained a clean workplace, created displays, trimmed vegetables, and oversaw the produce section when full-time employees were unavailable.
Hired staff, managed bills, collected payments, ensured customer satisfaction and the smooth operation of the boat rental business.
Work with the Toronto chapter board of directors to plan thought leadership, recruitment activities and networking opportunities.
I look forward to making the MRIA more relevant and engaging to the Millennial generation.
This survey was designed to provide Canadian CFA Members with compensation information to help with career assessment and planning. A total of 11,673 CFA members were invited to participate. A total final sample of n = 2,135 was collected, yielding a response rate of 18.3 percent. The self-reported data included in this report covers broadly defined positions and, as such, provide members with useful directional frames of reference about pay levels. While salary is a key component of the study, we also examined other factors such as prior positions held, deferred compensation, corporate and self-managed AUM, and trends in pay, including base pay, bonuses, stock options, benefits, pensions, and geographic impact.
This is the ﬁrst-ever 2012 International TD Women Investor Poll, for which TD Waterhouse (Canada), and TD Ameritrade (U.S.) and TD Direct Investing (U.K.) teamed up to survey women investors in Canada, the U.S., and U.K., to reveal their thoughts and attitudes about investment topics. TD Bank Group commissioned Environics Research Group to conduct an online custom survey of 2,014 men and women in Canada, 1,003 in the U.S. and 1,006 in the United Kingdom.
Playtex® commissioned Environics Research Group to conduct an online custom survey of 1,003 sexually active Canadian adults aged 18 to 49 years old. Responses were collected from December 19 to 30, 2012. Fresh + Sexy™ wipes by Playtex® are the first intimate wipes specifically designed and formulated for men and women to use before and after sexual activity.
This program equips students with the knowledge, skills, and professionalism necessary
to do applied marketing and social research in a variety of business and government
settings, such as marketing, tourism, media, education, health, legal and the
community. The program focuses on the entire research process, from inception and
formulation of the research questions, through research design, information retrieval,
data analysis, and interpretation to the preparation and presentation of the finished
report. Special features of the program include an emphasis on ethical and legal
concerns, communication processes, qualitative and quantitative methodology, and the
use of computer technology.
Activities and Societies: Intramural Volleyball
The Broadcasting program at Niagara College is the only program in Ontario to offer all three majors: Radio, Television, and Film. Located at the Welland Campus is Welland, Ontario, the broadcasting program provides students with a great opportunity to gain the skills needed to start a career in the broadcasting industry. First year students experience all areas of broadcasting. They take courses in radio, television, and film , broadcast journalism, non-linear editing and graphics design. They experience the realities of production and go "live-to-air" on the college radio station. In second year students begin their specialization in either Radio and Television Presentation (on air/camera talent) or Film and Television Production. Third year students spend their entire year in their chosen area of specialization. They produce projects for clients and have opportunities for field placement and on-set experience.
Activities and Societies: NivenFest
Solution Manager, Desktop Virtualization Solutions
Austin, Texas Area
Senior Historian at Blizzard Entertainment
Orange County, California Area
Dallas/Fort Worth Area
Area Vice President at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Vancouver, Canada Area
Pollster || CEO at Abacus Data
Discovering brand insights by trade; foodie & tekkie by passion
Member Development Officer at MRIA
Analyst, Corporate Intelligence at LoyaltyOne
CEO at Fresh Intelligence Research Corp.
Vice President at Environics Research Group
Director of Research and Finance at Abacus Data
Associate Director, Intellectual Property & Product Development at LoyaltyOne
Director, Marketing Research & Insights at Bond Brand Loyalty
Project Manager, Market Research & Insights at yconic