Manager, Market Intelligence at LoyaltyOne
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Toronto, Canada Area)
- Market Research
Sean Copeland's Overview
- Manager, Market Intelligence at LoyaltyOne
- Director of Consumer Research (6-month Contract) at Abacus Data Inc.
- Senior Research Associate at Environics Research Group
- Research Associate at Ipsos Reid
- Research Analyst at R.A. Malatest & Associates Ltd.
- Online Media Professional at Freelance
- Inventory Control Specialist at Staples Business Depot
- Video Editor, Camera Operator, and Director at Electric Dreams Video
- Teaching Assistant at Niagara College Canada
- Computer Sales Associate at Staples Business Depot
- Landlord and Property Manager at Student Housing
- Sole Proprietor at Nomtek Computer Sales
- Produce Clerk at Loblaw Companies Limited
- Manager at Velosea Rentals
Sean Copeland's Summary
• Over four years of experience developing, selling, executing, and managing more than 100 consumer research studies using a mix of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
• Multidisciplinary project manager effectively managed a book of industry-diverse market research clients with healthy repeat sales totaling more than one-million dollars in annual revenue.
• Knowledge of the latest shopper research methodologies for informing store design and layout, category definition, shelf layout, product packaging, POP signage and shopper experience.
• Past research projects include customer satisfaction and loyalty tracking, client acquisition and retention, segmentation and market sizing, product pricing, marketing and advertising effectiveness, brand equity and positioning, concept and image testing, and polling for public relations.
• Extensive experience with the research workflow from initial client meetings, proposal writing and costing, methodology and sample design, questionnaire and discussion guide design, tabulation and analysis planning, data collection and verification, data analysis and report writing, to presenting final research insights and recommendations to senior management.
• Sophisticated understanding of and the ability to carry out advanced statistical data analysis such as factor analysis, cluster analysis, multiple regression analysis, conjoint analysis, and ROI conversion formulas to provide valuable insights to clients.
• Advanced technical skills using popular research industry software including IBM SPSS, Microsoft Office suite, and many of the leading online survey and focus group tools.
• Continuously drive innovation and engagement in the market research industry through presentations at conferences and schools, frequent blogging and social media conversations, and becoming the new President-Elect of the Toronto Chapter of the MRIA.
Sean Copeland's Experience
Manager, Market Intelligence
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; ads; Marketing and Advertising industry
October 2013 – Present (1 year 1 month) Toronto, Canada Area
Responsible for the delivery of sound insights in the areas of high target industry verticals, customer management programs and strategies.
Director of Consumer Research (6-month Contract)
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Market Research industry
March 2013 – October 2013 (8 months) Toronto, Canada Area
• Drove the overall positioning, product development, marketing and sales across Canada for the new Consumer Research practice, while collaborating in strategic planning for overall company success.
• Spoke regularly at conferences, schools and private meetings about new market research technologies and the Millennial generation.
• Managed research clients and projects from various industries; including retail, consumer packaged goods, quick service restaurants, student services, public relations and marketing, among others.
• Developed proprietary shopper research tools using new technologies to collect real-time analytics for promotional display effectiveness, in-store shopper tracking, in-shelf retail behaviours, and online campaign conversion tracking.
• Managed the successful re-branding and marketing of Abacus Data’s online assets including AbacusData.ca, CanadianMillennials.ca, AbacusInsider.com as well as all social media accounts.
Senior Research Associate
Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Market Research industry
March 2011 – March 2013 (2 years 1 month) Toronto, Canada Area
• Worked primarily in the Custom Research division to lead in the development, sales, execution and management of custom market research studies for a range of B2C and B2B clients with a focus on providing them with actionable research insights.
• Directed projects for clients in consumer goods, public relations and corporate communications, media and content delivery, travel and tourism, financial services, among others.
• Effectively managed a book of industry-diverse market research clients with healthy repeat sales successfully exceeded a sales target of over one-million dollars in annual revenue.
• Prepared costs and proposals, deliver research design and methodological advice, design questionnaires and discussion guides, coordinate and monitor sample, create analysis plans and interpret results, prepare reports and deliver presentations to senior management teams.
• Managed between five and 10 research projects at any one-time while adhering to industry best practices, maintaining client relationships and exceeding client expectations.
• Provided on-the-job training to junior staff while effectively managing their time across projects.
Public Company; 501-1000 employees; Market Research industry
March 2010 – March 2011 (1 year 1 month) Toronto, Canada Area
• Executed and monitored custom online and telephone market research studies from proposal to final presentation for multiple clients while maintaining a strong client service orientation.
• Contributed to client meetings and communications in person, online, by email and phone.
• Lead kick-off calls with project managers located worldwide to ensure study specifications such as quotas, survey logic, and key dates were clear.
• Communicated with the operations team to ensure any graphics, charts and tables, and report templates exceeded client expectations.
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Research industry
May 2009 – March 2010 (11 months) Toronto, Canada Area
• Provided strategic insight through program evaluation and performance measurement to support federal and provincial government policy development and marketing campaigns.
• Coordinated and executed multiple research projects using diverse methodologies while staying within set budgets and tight timelines.
• Worked with peers on proposals, research design, data collection tools, staff training guides, analysis plans and report writing.
Inventory Control Specialist
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; SPLS; Retail industry
February 2008 – February 2009 (1 year 1 month) Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Managed and documented inventory adjustments and errors, processed vendor returns, and completed cycle counts. Provided management assistance to on duty managers by acting as a key holder and counting daily deposit and safe. Assigned associates tasks to ensure customer satisfaction and that all sales and other store goals were met.
Video Editor, Camera Operator, and Director
Electric Dreams Video
June 2006 – June 2007 (1 year 1 month) Welland, Ontario, Canada
Planned video productions, organized and directed video crews, operated video equipment, and edited video footage for large events, corporate training videos, and commercials.
Nonprofit; 201-500 employees; Education Management industry
September 2006 – May 2007 (9 months) Welland, Ontario, Canada
Provided support to the professors in the film department by preparing lessons, aiding in the delivery of lessons to students, student tutoring and testing, maintaining film equipment, and promoting a safe hands-on learning environment.
Computer Sales Associate
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; SPLS; Retail industry
June 2005 – July 2006 (1 year 2 months) Welland, Ontario, Canada
Provided excellent customer service, met sales goals, cleaned work area, stocked product, cashed out customers, and processed customer complaints and returns.
Nomtek Computer Sales
June 2003 – June 2005 (2 years 1 month) Welland, Ontario, Canada
Created online eBay sales pages, ordered computer parts and software, built customized computers, processed payments from online sales, processed shipments, and managed clients and accounts (http://myworld.ebay.ca/great_canadian_seller/).
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; L.TO; Retail industry
August 2001 – September 2002 (1 year 2 months) Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Maintained a clean workplace, created displays, trimmed vegetables, and oversaw the produce section when full-time employees were unavailable.
Sean Copeland's Volunteer Experience & Causes
Causes I care about:
- Animal Welfare
- Economic Empowerment
- Science and Technology
Organizations I support:
- Marketing Research and Intelligence Association
Sean Copeland's Organizations
Canadian Marketing AssociationMember
- April 2013 to Present
Marketing Research and Intelligence AssociationPresident, Toronto Chapter Board of Directors
- May 2009 to Present
I look forward to making the MRIA more relevant and engaging to the Millennial generation.
Sean Copeland's Projects
- March 2012 to July 2012
This survey was designed to provide Canadian CFA Members with compensation information to help with career assessment and planning. A total of 11,673 CFA members were invited to participate. A total final sample of n = 2,135 was collected, yielding a response rate of 18.3 percent. The self-reported data included in this report covers broadly defined positions and, as such, provide members with useful directional frames of reference about pay levels. While salary is a key component of the study, we also examined other factors such as prior positions held, deferred compensation, corporate and self-managed AUM, and trends in pay, including base pay, bonuses, stock options, benefits, pensions, and geographic impact.
- June 2012 to November 2012
This is the ﬁrst-ever 2012 International TD Women Investor Poll, for which TD Waterhouse (Canada), and TD Ameritrade (U.S.) and TD Direct Investing (U.K.) teamed up to survey women investors in Canada, the U.S., and U.K., to reveal their thoughts and attitudes about investment topics. TD Bank Group commissioned Environics Research Group to conduct an online custom survey of 2,014 men and women in Canada, 1,003 in the U.S. and 1,006 in the United Kingdom.
- February 2013 to Present
Playtex® commissioned Environics Research Group to conduct an online custom survey of 1,003 sexually active Canadian adults aged 18 to 49 years old. Responses were collected from December 19 to 30, 2012. Fresh + Sexy™ wipes by Playtex® are the first intimate wipes specifically designed and formulated for men and women to use before and after sexual activity.
Sean Copeland's Courses
- Graduate, On-the-job, Learning & Development (GOLD) Program - Provided by Ipsos
Manager, Market Intelligence
- Loyalty102 - (2014) Managers On-boarding (Canada Curriculum)
- Loyalty101 - (2014) On-boarding Program
Senior Research Associate
Environics Research Group
- Certified Marketing Research Examination Prep Workshop - Provided by MRIA
- Presentation Skills Training - Provided by Keystone Communications
- Writing That Gets Results - Provided by Patricia Davies Communications
Sean Copeland's Certifications
Certified Marketing Research Professional (CMRP)
- Marketing Research and Intelligence Association (MRIA)
- July 2011
SqueezeCMM Certified User
- May 2013
Sean Copeland's Skills & Expertise
- Proposal Writing
- Project Management
- Strategic Consulting
- Brand Management
- Quantitative Research
- Questionnaire Design
- Qualitative Research
- B2B Marketing
- Business Development
- Media Research
- Sample Design
- Advertising Research
- Microsoft Excel
- Digital Media
- Customer Insight
- Data Analysis
- Report Writing
- Business Writing
- Training Presentations
- Group Presentations
- Business Meetings
- Focus Groups
- Market Research
- Data Collection
- Report Design
- Conference Presentations
- Opinion Polling
- Survey Programming
- Sales Meetings
- Microsoft Word
- Ebay Sales
- Web Design
- Graphic Design
- Corporate Communications
- Factor Analysis
- Regression Analysis
- Cluster Analysis
- Conjoint Analysis
- Web Analytics
- Research Design
Sean Copeland's Education
Graduate Certificate, Research Analysis
2008 – 2009
This program equips students with the knowledge, skills, and professionalism necessary
to do applied marketing and social research in a variety of business and government
settings, such as marketing, tourism, media, education, health, legal and the
community. The program focuses on the entire research process, from inception and
formulation of the research questions, through research design, information retrieval,
data analysis, and interpretation to the preparation and presentation of the finished
report. Special features of the program include an emphasis on ethical and legal
concerns, communication processes, qualitative and quantitative methodology, and the
use of computer technology.
Activities and Societies: Intramural Volleyball
Advanced Diploma, Broadcasting; Radio, Television and Film
2003 – 2006
The Broadcasting program at Niagara College is the only program in Ontario to offer all three majors: Radio, Television, and Film. Located at the Welland Campus is Welland, Ontario, the broadcasting program provides students with a great opportunity to gain the skills needed to start a career in the broadcasting industry. First year students experience all areas of broadcasting. They take courses in radio, television, and film , broadcast journalism, non-linear editing and graphics design. They experience the realities of production and go "live-to-air" on the college radio station. In second year students begin their specialization in either Radio and Television Presentation (on air/camera talent) or Film and Television Production. Third year students spend their entire year in their chosen area of specialization. They produce projects for clients and have opportunities for field placement and on-set experience.
Activities and Societies: NivenFest
Sean Copeland's Additional Information
Business Development, Ecommerce, Rewards Programs, Retail Shopping, Film and T.V. Production, Web Page Design, Graphic Design, Creative Writing, Automotive Repair, Aquarist, Gardening, Mixed Martial Arts, Volleyball, Research on Research, Soccer, Endurance Running, Weight Training, Philosophy, Psychology
Contact Sean for:
View Sean Copeland’s full profile to...
- See who you and Sean Copeland know in common
- Get introduced to Sean Copeland
- Contact Sean Copeland directly